Saturday, October 20, 2007

My first dinner party...Entry 1

I've set the menu:


Fresh Fig, Prosciutto and Arugula Salad with Parmesan Shaving

Butternut Squash Soup served in Nature's Bowl

Pumpkin Ravioli with Walnut Pesto

Individual Cornish Game Hens with Mustard and Rosemary
served with Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta

Diana to bring pumpkin pie and Scott to prepare a pre-meal cocktail.

The groceries are bought, the prep is underway. The main goal is to enjoy my company and not spend the day cooking...let's see how it goes. :)

And the table is set:

2 comments:

Ms. Di Rico said...

I am special b/c I actually ate this meal that Ang made! May I just say that the written description does it zero justice. The autumnal feast was so perfectly delicious. My favorite course was the butternut squash soup served in nature's own bowl - a delight to see, smell and taste.

Missy said...

This looks SO AWESOME. Curious about your pumpkin ravioli recipe. I made it for thanksgiving last year (but with sage brown butter and balsamic reduction) but wasn't a fan of the pasta's texture.